Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Warren County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Warren County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with an expert lawyer in Warren County, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to demand the full recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
Warren County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a disastrous impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of somebody else's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, compassionate and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Warren County, MO today at or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person did not respect the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get a full recovery. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Warren County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not rest until you receive a complete recovery. We manage each every part of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have a profound effect on your ability to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to ensure you are completely compensated for the disastrous effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you keep some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you complete compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Warren County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted negligently and broke the rules, you need a savvy and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Warren County, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is essential to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also receive complete compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tactics to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Warren County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our savvy and veteran lawyers start working on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Warren County, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim straight away. We will gather all necessary evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto accident experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property has to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery surfaces without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Warren County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property managers accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not correctly monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Warren County and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the hard cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the consumer. When they are irresponsible and you experience a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Warren County, MO to hold them accountable. There are many products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to auto accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not adequately test a product, approved a product with an inherent flaw, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Warren County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you receive the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Warren County, MO work site was dangerous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord occurs in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, such as construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Warren County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly you experienced your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Warren County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Warren County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely inhibit your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, almost one-third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Warren County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of another person'sirresponsible actions. Our Warren County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to determine, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Warren County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been put on pause by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Warren County, MO will give you and your case the genuine and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Warren County, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to get you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Warren County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can start working on your case right away.