Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Washington, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Washington, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Washington, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and resolve to insist on the great recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law right away.
Washington, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating consequences in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one received an injury because of somebody else's dangerous behavior or thoughtlessness, you are angry and you may not know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you get the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Washington, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and harmed you, you require the talented and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get maximum compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Washington, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not rest until you receive a complete recovery. We manage all every part of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible impact on your faculty to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to ensure you collect great compensation for the devastating effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you still have some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you complete compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Washington, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was thoughtless and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Washington, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer possible. You may have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is vital to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Washington, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and experienced lawyers get to work on your case immediately to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one received a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Washington, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case right away. We will collect all important evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of motor vehicle collision experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Washington, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property operator responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not correctly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Washington and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the consumer. When they are negligent and you sustain a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Washington, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to motor vehicle wrecks
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to adequately test a product, approved a design with an inherent flaw, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An accomplished and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Washington, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Washington, MO work environment was unsafe. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Washington, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly you sustained your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the moment symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Washington, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Washington, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the best possible compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will depend on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly limit your ability to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Washington, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sirresponsible behavior. Our Washington, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to determine, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your healing and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Washington, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Washington, MO will give you and your case the genuine and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Washington, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial skills to get you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Washington, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at so we can get started on your case right away.