Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Wildwood, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Wildwood, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Wildwood, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to insist on the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law now.
Wildwood, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are outraged and you may be unsure of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, caring and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are enduring and will aggressively demand your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Wildwood, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and injured you, you need the talented and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Wildwood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not rest until you collect a complete recovery. We handle every every detail of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible impact on your ability to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to ensure you are fully compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some amount of sensation and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you full compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Wildwood, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was careless and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Wildwood, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like eating and drinking are no longer doable. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tactics to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Wildwood, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a complimentary case review to see what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers begin working on your case straight away to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Wildwood, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim straight away. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of motor vehicle crash experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Wildwood, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a irresponsible property operator liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with the right care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not properly monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Wildwood and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we demand great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the consumer. When they are reckless and you suffer a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Wildwood, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause car collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Wildwood, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Wildwood, MO work environment was hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Wildwood, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the instance symptoms appear, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Wildwood, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Wildwood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the full compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly limit your capacity to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Wildwood, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sdangerous behavior. Our Wildwood, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to quantify, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Wildwood, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Wildwood, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Wildwood, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Wildwood, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at so we can start working on your case now.