All Posts

Posted in Personal Injury on August 15, 2017   |  by Gary Burger

Uninsured Motorist Coverage


What is uninsured motorist coverage? Well, if you’re injured in a car crash or your family is injured in a car crash because of the negligence or the rule-breaking of another driver and that driver does not have car insurance like they’re supposed to under the law, you have a claim against your own insurance policy for uninsured motorist coverage.

Every policy in Illinois and Missouri carries uninsured motorist coverage. They have to under the law. So, if you’re injured from a defendant and they don’t have insurance, you make a claim against your own insurance for uninsured motorist coverage. You have to have at least $25,000 in coverage. Some folks have more, it’s a good idea to get more, and you make a claim against your own insurance just as if that insurance company represented the defendant.

And, uninsured motorist coverage cases can be hard. Many times insurance companies vigorously defend those cases. We have these cases all the time where you think it would be easy because it’s your own insurance company, you’ve been a client to theirs for 20 years, not the case.

So, what we do is we take the case; we fully investigate the case; we treat it like any other case; we take witness statements; we hire experts if we need to; we get your medical records and bills; we make a claim for your damages, your wage loss damages, your disability and your pain and suffering; we make those claims against those companies. If they don’t settle the case, we file lawsuit against the insurance company and the uninsured driver, and we litigate those cases. We’ve tried those cases, and let me tell you, juries do not like it when a person’s own insurance company does not treat them fairly and we’ve been very successful in those cases.

Our website has a ton of those types of successes. We’re well-reviewed and rated on Google. I will personally represent you. We don’t charge you to talk with us, and we don’t take a fee unless we recover for you. Call us at 314-542-2222 if you have a question in Missouri; in Illinois we’re at 618-272-2222; and we’re also at 866-599-2222.