All Posts

Posted in Videos on May 9, 2017   |  by Gary Burger

What Are You Entitled to After Being Injured on the Job?


Welcome to Burger Law. I’m Gary Burger. For over 25 years, I have represented folks who were injured on the job in workers compensation claims. So, if you’re injured on the job and you need a lawyer to talk to, call us.

Under workers compensation law, you’re entitled to get two-thirds your weekly wages while you’re off-work, have all your medical care paid for, get the appropriate medical care that you need, and at the end of the case you’re entitled to a lump sum disability payment at the end of the case. You’re not filing a lawsuit when you file a workers compensation claim. Instead, you’re filing an administrative claim with the Workers Compensation Division for the benefits that you’re entitled to under workers compensation law.

You know, in a workers compensation claim, we’ll meet with you for free. We’ll answer any questions you have for free, we don’t take any fee unless we recover for you, and we only take a fee on things we fight for, and typically that is only on the lump sum disability payment at the end of the case. That’s the only thing we take a fee for.

We’re aggressive in workers compensation claims. We make sure you get the medical care you’re entitled to. We make sure that you’re not sent back to work too early. We make sure if you’re sent back to work with restrictions, your employer doesn’t violate those restrictions. We file hardships for our clients when care is denied, or TTD is not paid, or when they send you to work too early, or when they say you’re not really injured on the job.

We file hardships and try workers compensation claims regularly. We litigate aggressively and file claims and pursue hardships in workers compensation claims aggressively to make sure that we get the best result we can for you. We try to put as much money in your pocket as we can in your workers compensation claims. And in your claims, we also look to see whether there’s other liability from third parties or other places where you may get a better claim or have a different type of claim as well to make sure you’re fully compensated. We desire and we strive in your workers compensation claim to get you 100% compensated, not 50% or 60% compensated.

If you have a question about a workers compensation claim, I, Gary Burger, will personally handle your case. I’m at 314-542-2222, 618-272-2222, or toll-free, 866-599-2222. Thank you.