Get Full Compensation For Other People's Negligence
Accident and Injury Attorney: Frequently Asked Questions
Accident and Injury Attorney Chicago: Frequently Asked Questions
Most people in Chicago, fortunately, never have to use an accident and injury attorney, and usually not more than once in their life. When someone breaks the rules and injures you, it is natural to have questions about how to proceed, and what an injury claim process entails. The Burger Law accident and injury attorney team in Chicago has the answers you need. Read on for more information, or call us now at (314) 500-HURT to discuss your case for free.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Illinois?
The statute of limitations for accident and injury claims in Illinois is two years, according to the state's Code of Civil Procedure. That means you have two years from the date of most injuries, or from when you discovered the injury, to file a claim.
If you or your loved one has a "legal disability," such as being under the age of 18, you have two years from the date the disability ends, or you turn 20, to file a claim.
If you were injured because of somebody else's negligence, there is no time to wait. You only have one chance to recover full compensation, and the clock is already ticking. Call a Chicago accident and injury attorney at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT.
Is it Worth it to Hire an Accident and Injury Attorney?
Is it Worth it to Hire an Accident and Injury Attorney in Chicago, Illinois?
In small fender-benders or with less severe injuries, you might get a fair settlement offer from an insurance company. But if your injury is severe, the liable party refuses to take responsibility for their actions, the defendant is a large corporation like a trucking company or there were multiple parties involved, it is almost always worth it to get an accident and injury attorney.
Insurance companies use a lot of tricks to devalue your claim or avoid paying it together. Every Burger Law accident and injury attorney has dedicated their lives to standing up to bullies who do not want to give you the compensation they owe you.
Chicago residents who hire an accident and injury attorney usually receive significantly more in compensation. One survey found that 91 percent of personal injury claimants with a lawyer received a payout, compared to only 51 percent without a lawyer. The average compensation with a lawyer was $77,600, compared to $17,600 without one. There’s no question that having an accident and injury attorney in your corner can add value to your claim.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive in a Personal Injury Claim?
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive in a Personal Injury Claim in Chicago, IL?
The compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injuries, whether or not you share any blame for your accident and the skill and dedication of your Chicago accident and injury attorney. Typically in personal injury claims, your accident and injury attorney will help you recover to types of compensation:
The Chicago accident and injury attorney team at Burger Law fights hard to ensure that our clients are fully compensated for every way their injury has impacted their life. You did not choose to be put in this situation, and you should not have to pay when you did nothing wrong. The financial recovery available to you is there so that you can move forward with your life and feel whole again. Call a Burger Law Chicago accident and injury attorney now to start on your road to recovery.
How to Choose an Accident and Injury Attorney
How to Choose a Chicago Accident and Injury Attorney
Choosing a great accident and injury attorney is paramount. You want somebody who knows what they are doing and knows Illinois and local Chicago law, but also somebody that will build a relationship with you and take your case personally. Some factors to take into account when deciding what accident and injury attorney will represent you are:
- Referrals and Recommendations. You want an accident and injury attorney that is experienced, tough on insurance companies and that cares about their Chicago clients. No one knows an attorney better than the people they have advocated for in the past. Burger Law is the most- and highest-reviewed law firm in the midwest. You can see some of the great results we have gotten for our clients in their video testimonials.
- Make a List of What Is Important to You. You only have one chance to get compensation for your injuries, so it is imperative for you to choose the right accident and injury attorney. Some things you may want to consider are:
- Their experience with your specific type of injury claim
- If they have a proven track record of getting great results
- Their qualifications, awards and accolades
- If they will communicate with you and keep you informed throughout your case
- If they are willing to fight for you and take your case to trial if necessary
- Consider the Size of the Firm. Large firms may seem like a better option because of their resources and ability to intimidate insurance companies. That is not always the case, and your claim may get lost in the shuffle at a larger firm. At Burger Law, we have an amazing team of talented and passionate attorneys and paralegals who care about our clients' cases. We provide you with the personalized attention of a small firm, but still have the resources and network necessary to get you great results. Insurance companies fear us because they know that every Chicago accident and injury attorney at Burger Law demands maximum compensation for our clients.
- Look at their Experience. While you want a Chicago accident and injury attorney who is dedicated and passionate, you will also want one who has experience taking on tough cases, standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies and securing full financial recoveries for their clients. Burger Law has over 70 years of combined experience winning any type of personal injury claim you can imagine.
- Meet With Them. Our accident and injury attorney team works on a contingency fee basis. Instead of an hourly rate, we are paid by collecting a percentage of your final compensation. That means that our initial case review and investigation are free, and there are no upfront attorneys fees. There is no risk in calling us.
There are a lot of lawyers in Chicago, but none of them can offer the dedicated, expert, tenacious and aggressive legal representation that Burger Law's Accident and Injury Attorney team does. We accept nothing less than full compensation for your injuries and seeing negligent parties held accountable for their reckless actions.
Accident and Injury Attorney: Helpful Links
Click the links below to see some other helpful articles and FAQs from your Chicago accident and injury attorney: