Car Accident Lawyer Crawford County, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, your main focus should be on healing and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. You shouldn’t have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you’re going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident. Your care and financial recovery should be assured, but insurance corporations are going to try to limit their responsibility as much as possible. If you’ve been denied the care you need, and the responsible party has no intention of doing right by you, you need someone who knows the laws to fight on your behalf. Gary Burger and the Crawford County Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your rights and ensure that you get the total amount of the recovery you need.
You should be focused on your health, not the difficulties of your claim. Your focus should be solely on your medical recovery, and your financial security. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Crawford County are dedicated to pursuing and ensuring your rights and recoveries. When you’ve decided to seek qualified help, and you’ve chosen our car accident lawyers in Crawford County to fully fight for your recovery, you are picking a dedicated team of car accident lawyers who are fighting to ensure you get 100% of what you are owed, not a small settlement.
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Crawford County. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Crawford County – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents are typically caused by negligent actions. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Crawford County use their knowledge of state laws and scientific facts to take on each car accident claim, and use different methods to gather evidence depending upon the type of claim. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – This may seem obvious, but more drivers on the road increase the possibility of an accident happening. When the recession hit in 2008-2009, millions of Americans were out of work and were subsequently not driving nearly as much. As the market has recovered, more jobs have become available and more people are driving than before, which has increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Being a diligent driver better protects you against the chance of an accident happening. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving, so don’t do it. Getting safely to your destination should be your only concern. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Crawford County, and the person who caused your accident was doing any of the above actions, call our car crash lawyers in Crawford County immediately. We are dedicated to pursuing your rights and your full recovery.
If your claim doesn’t require the attention of a car accident lawyer, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don’t record everything that happened in the accident. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed. If your case isn’t progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Crawford County immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. The force is created when a vehicle in motion is struck from a direction that it isn’t traveling. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a serious medical condition that can result in death. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in Crawford County, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Crawford County as soon as possible.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once you’ve spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Crawford County to see how we can help you with your car accident claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Crawford County
Accidents that involve intoxicated driving in Crawford County are never harmless nor victimless. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. Drunk driving is always negligent and always reckless, don’t do it and don’t allow others to do it. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Crawford County immediately. Drunk Driving cases can be more complex than you may initially think, and without the proper legal guidance, you may not get the full settlement you deserve for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Crawford County, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should always call an ambulance if you’re injured or the police if you aren’t. An official record of the accident has to be taken so that the facts and reasons for the accident can be made clear. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Crawford County car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Crawford County – Car Accident Types
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- $250,000 Settlement On September 1, 2019, Daniel Dotson was driving south on Baxter Road at its intersection with Manchester Road in St. Louis County when Mr. Shanmugam ran a red light, crashing into Daniel’s vehicle. Daniel suffered serious injuries...Continue Reading
- $50,000 Car Accident Settlement – Adding Good Faith Value to Claims Involving Concussions Injury claims involving concussions can be real wildcards, because oftentimes there is no objective evidence of injury, the treatment is sparse, the bills are low, and...Continue Reading
- In this video, Genevieve talks with Kazia, one of our clients. Kazia was involved in a car accident where she was rear-ended. She called Burger Law to help with her case, and we were able to help Kazia and...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Tiffany was involved in a car accident where she suffered spinal disc damage and knee damage. We fought hard for her and insisted that she receive the policy limits for the accident. We were actually able to get her...Continue Reading
- On Saturday, I settled Mary’s car crash case against Allstate. We were scheduled to go to trial yesterday. Mary was injured in a 2017 car crash. The offer was $21,000 until about 4:30 on Friday afternoon when Allstate capitulated...Continue Reading
- We represent Paul’s family. He tragically died last year. He was traveling with his wife near Potosi Missouri on highway 185 when they encountered a car crash. Being the kind of guy Paul was, he stopped his car and...Continue Reading
- The Missouri Legislature issued new rules last year with more requirements for a written demand to be put into evidence in a bad faith case. A bad faith case is when an insurance company should settle a case, but...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- Our client, Jason, was a front seat passenger in his friend’s vehicle while traveling eastbound on Highway 70 in Lafayette County, Missouri. They were towing a vehicle behind them when another vehicle, also traveling eastbound on Highway 70, struck...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts Client testimonial of Daniel Scudder who discusses his work comp and civil claims and settlements. Daniel had prior injuries to...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- We settled a workers compensation case and an automobile accident for our client Daniel. Daniel was rear-ended on the highway at a high rate of speed when the other driver wasn’t paying attention to traffic ahead of her. Like...Continue Reading
- I represented Brad in his car accident claim. Brad was hit by a truck that swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and hit Brad head on. Brad had a passenger in his car and both were...Continue Reading
- I take great pride in helping people in car wreck cases where the defendant is intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. It seems like defendants hire lawyers who get them out of the criminal case. Sometimes people get multiple drunk...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- Our client Brad was injured in a crash on September 5, 2017. Everybody’s nightmare – the defendant swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and crashed into our client head on. Brad was taken via ambulance from...Continue Reading
- We recently settled a case for a client who was rear ended on the highway while caught in traffic by a driver who was not paying attention and driving at an excessive speed. The force of the crash then...Continue Reading
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at...Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been...Continue Reading