Car Accident Lawyer Decatur, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you shouldn't have to worry about whether or not you can afford the care you need for your injuries. You shouldn't have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you're going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident. Your care and financial recovery should be assured, but insurance corporations are going to try to limit their responsibility as much as possible. If you aren't getting what you deserve, and your health and financial stability are at stake, you need help. Gary Burger and the Decatur Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law know how to hold insurance companies and negligent individuals accountable for their actions, and will fight for your rights.
The last thing you should worry about is depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters that your case may include. Your health and your recovery should be the only thing on your mind. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Decatur are aggressive and dedicated to fighting for your rights and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions. When you've decided to seek qualified help, and you've chosen our car accident lawyers in Decatur to pursue your claim, you a trusting in a team that fights for your full recovery.
When you're prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Decatur. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Decatur - Car Accident Facts
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Decatur take on a variety of car accident claims, all of which require knowledge of different types of traffic laws and experience in the best methods to recover evidence from the scene of a traffic accident. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - The more drivers you have on the road, the higher the chances are of an accident. When the recession hit, people were out of jobs and had less reason to be on the road, leading to fewer accidents. As the job market has improved, there are now more drivers on the road and this has, in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Adhering to responsible driving habits can help keep you and your loved ones safe. Never drive if you've been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Arriving alive is more important than either of the above. If you've been injured in a car accident in Decatur, and the person who caused your accident was doing any of the above actions, call our car crash lawyers in Decatur immediately. Our Lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Some claims may not need the help of a lawyer, you should still be diligent and take pictures of both vehicles, obtain police reports, and written statements by doctor detailing your injuries. Protecting your car accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve. If your case isn't progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Decatur immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn't suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which can cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn't visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in Decatur, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Decatur at once.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once you've spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Decatur to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Decatur
Decatur drunk driving claims are never victimless. Drunk driving is a reckless and negligent action that should never happen. Drunk driving is always negligent and always reckless, don't do it and don't allow others to do it. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Decatur immediately. To ensure that the driver who caused your injuries is held fully responsible, you need to speak with our attorneys in Decatur as soon as possible.
Car Accident Lawyer in Decatur, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
If you've been involved in a car accident, you should always call an ambulance if you're injured or the police if you aren't. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Decatur car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Decatur - Car Accident Types