Car Accident Lawyer Effingham, IL
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may need help getting the medical care that you need to fully recover from your injuries. Your insurance company, or the insurance company of the responsible party should fully take care of all your needs because of the car accident. Your recovery should be guaranteed and taken care of, but unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. If your insurance company won’t help, and the person who caused the accident refuses to cooperate, you need experienced and aggressive help. Gary Burger and the Effingham Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law have a proven track record of holding insurance companies accountable and can guide you through your claim every step of the way.
You shouldn’t spend any time worrying about the complexities of car accident law. You should be dedicated to recovering from your injuries, and securing your financial stability. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Effingham are aggressive and dedicated to fighting for your rights and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions. When you trust in our skilled car accident lawyers in Effingham to fight for your rights, you are picking a dedicated team of car accident lawyers who are fighting to ensure you get 100% of what you are owed, not a small settlement.
When you’re ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Effingham. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Effingham – Car Accident Facts
Negligence is usually the main culprit in a car accident claim. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Effingham take on several different types of car accident claims, and use differing methods to collect evidence in each. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – When there are a lot of drivers on the road, the chances of an accident happening increase. When millions of jobs were lost during the recession, the rate of car and truck accidents decreased because fewer people were on the road. An improving job market has lead to more people driving which increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Your life is more important than returning any message regardless of how important it may be. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Effingham, and your accident was caused by on the reasons listed, call our car crash lawyers in Effingham immediately. We will fight on your behalf to ensure your claim is taken seriously and fully pursued.
Car accident claims don’t always require the assistance of a lawyer, but be diligent, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don’t record everything that happened in the accident. Protecting your car accident claim when it happens can help ensure that you get the recovery you need and financial settlement you deserve. If you’re having trouble gathering the evidence and the statements you need, call our car wreck attorneys in Effingham immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of y our limbs. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a car accident in Effingham, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Effingham at once.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you’ve been putting off. After you’ve seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Effingham to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Effingham
Drunk Driving Accidents in Effingham are never a victimless crime. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. Never drive drunk, there are 0 good reasons. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Effingham immediately. Drunk Driving Accidents in Effingham can be complex, and without legal assistance you may not get the full recovery you are owed.
Car Accident Lawyer in Effingham, IL – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been injured, call an ambulance first, and if you weren’t seriously injured contact the local authorities to report the accident. An official record of the accident has to be taken so that the facts and reasons for the accident can be made clear. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Effingham car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Effingham – Car Accident Types
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at the last minute attempted to change lanes to the far-right lane and violently collided with the […]Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading