Car Accident Lawyer Fairview Heights, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, your only concern should be your health and your well being. The care you need should be assured, you shouldn't have to fight for it and you shouldn't have to argue over your financial recovery either due to car accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies are out to protect their bottom dollar, not your health. If you aren't getting what you deserve, and your health and financial stability are at stake, you need help. Gary Burger and the Fairview Heights Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law take car accident claims extremely seriously and are dedicated to getting you the care you are owed.
The last thing you should worry about is depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters that your case may include. Fully healing from your injuries and your financial recovery should be your only concerm. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Fairview Heights have successfully fought against insurance corporations and negligent individuals, and always hold them accountable to the law. When you allow our team of experienced and exceptional car accident lawyers in Fairview Heights to take on your case, you are choosing a team that is dedicated to fighting for your full recovery. Not half. Not 75%. Full 100% recovery.
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Fairview Heights. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Fairview Heights - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents happen for a variety of reasons, and negligence on the part of one or both of the drivers is typically the cause of the accident. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Fairview Heights use their knowledge of state laws and scientific facts to take on each car accident claim, and use different methods to gather evidence depending upon the type of claim. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - An increase of drivers commuting to or from work increases the chances of an accident occuring. The recession caused a reduction in traffic accidents because fewer people were driving. Now that the economy is stronger, the job market has improved leading to more cars on the road and an increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving, so don't do it. Nothing is more important than driving safely and arriving where you need to go, alive. If you've been injured in a car accident in Fairview Heights, and the person who crashed into you was drinking and driving, texting, or any other reason, call our car crash lawyers in Fairview Heights immediately. We will fight on your behalf to ensure your claim is taken seriously and fully pursued.
If your claim doesn't require the attention of a car accident lawyer, you still need to take note of everything that happened, which includes pictures, verbal statements, and any police reports. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If you've initially tried to take the case on by yourself but are having difficulty now, call our car wreck attorneys in Fairview Heights immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn't suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions are caused by the forceful motion of the brain inside the skull, to the point that bruising or swelling can occur. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding occurs when the organs inside your body are either punctured or rupture from the force of an accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in Fairview Heights, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Fairview Heights to ensure that your case is taken care of professionally and sertiously.
Always go to a doctor follow any serious injury. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our car accident firm in Fairview Heights to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Fairview Heights
Accidents that involve intoxicated driving in Fairview Heights are never harmless nor victimless. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. With the advent of ridesharing apps, and the improvement of public transportation, there is absolutely no reason to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Fairview Heights immediately. To ensure that the driver who caused your injuries is held fully responsible, you need to speak with our attorneys in Fairview Heights as soon as possible.
Car Accident Lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
If you've been injured, call an ambulance first, and if you weren't seriously injured contact the local authorities to report the accident. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Fairview Heights car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Fairview Heights - Car Accident Types