Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery City, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, you shouldn’t have to worry about whether or not you can afford the care you need for your injuries. Your insurance company, or the insurance company of the responsible party should fully take care of all your needs because of the car accident. Your care and financial recovery should be assured, but insurance corporations are going to try to limit their responsibility as much as possible. If your insurance company won’t help, and the person who caused the accident refuses to cooperate, you need experienced and aggressive help. Gary Burger and the Montgomery City Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law take car accident claims extremely seriously and are dedicated to getting you the care you are owed.
The last thing you should worry about is depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters that your case may include. Fully healing from your injuries and your financial recovery should be your only concerm. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Montgomery City have successfully fought against insurance corporations and negligent individuals, and always hold them accountable to the law. When you’ve picked our exceptional car accident lawyers in Montgomery City to hold the other parties accountable, you are choosing a team that is dedicated to fighting for your full recovery. Not half. Not 75%. Full 100% recovery.
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Montgomery City. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery City – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents never adhere to one set model, they usually involve several levels of negligence or reckless acts. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Montgomery City take on several different types of car accident claims, and use differing methods to collect evidence in each. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – While this will seem obvious, the more drivers there are on the road, the higher the chances are of you bring in an accident. When the recession hit in 2008-2009, millions of Americans were out of work and were subsequently not driving nearly as much. Now that the economy is stronger, the job market has improved leading to more cars on the road and an increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following safe driving practices while on the road can help keep you safe from accidents. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving, so don’t do it. Be responsible on the road, your life and the life of others depends upon your actions. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Montgomery City, and the reasons your accident happened is listed above, call our car crash lawyers in Montgomery City immediately. Our Lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
In rare occasions, your accident may not need the assistance of a lawyer, however, you should still be diligent and take pictures of both vehicles, obtain police reports, and written statements by doctor detailing your injuries. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If your case isn’t progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Montgomery City immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which can cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken Bones often take months or even in rare cases, years to heal.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord is the nervous system highway in your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in Montgomery City, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Montgomery City immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. The injury won’t just go away, often, any serious injury will require medical attention. Once you’ve spoken with a doctor, contact our car accident firm in Montgomery City to see how we can help you with your car accident claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery City
Montgomery City drunk driving claims are never victimless. Drunk driving is always a choice, and never a good one. There is never a good reason to drive drunk and with the multiple different ride-sharing apps that are available now, it is also extremely easy to get a ride home without having to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Montgomery City immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don’t consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Montgomery City, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should always call an ambulance if you’re injured or the police if you aren’t. The authorities have to record the accident for insurance reasons and for their official record. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Montgomery City car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Montgomery City – Car Accident Types
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been no payment to date and we are pursuing a bad faith claim in Illinois under 215 ILCS […]Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our client a fantastic recovery. But what about med pay and health insurance liens? Click here for […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, Gary was able to get a large settlement for a man involved in a rear-end collision. The driver of the other car was working for a repair company. Gary was able to negotiate a large settlement with the driver’s insurer and protect his client, who was without medical insurance. Click here to […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented William Stussey, who was struck by a car while crossing a street in Washington, Missouri. This case was somewhat challenging because it was asserted that Mr. Stussey did not cross at a street from the middle of the block. After thorough investigation and effort, we were able to overcome the obstacles and […]Continue Reading
- Burger Law represented Barbara Hackworth who was injured while sitting in Waffle House eating breakfast. As she was eating, a car came through the wall of the Waffle House and knocked her off her stool. Allstate Insurance Company would not reasonably settle the case, so we incurred the cost to fly to Arkansas and depose […]Continue Reading