Car Accident Lawyer Springfield, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you should be focused on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. You shouldn't have to worry about fighting your insurance company for the care you need, or worrying about whether you're going to get the financial recovery you deserve for the car accident. Your recovery should be guaranteed and taken care of, but unfortunately, this isn't always the case. If you are now forced to fight for your recovery and your health, you need someone who has experience successfully fighting these types of claims. Gary Burger and the Springfield Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law have a proven track record of holding insurance companies accountable and can guide you through your claim every step of the way.
The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. You need to focus on healing from your injuries, and getting back to the way your life was before the accident. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Springfield are dedicated to pursuing and ensuring your rights and recoveries. When you've decided to seek our qualified and experienced car accident lawyers in Springfield to hold the other parties accountable, you are trusting in a proven and dedicated team of accident lawyers who aggressively fight for 100% of your owed recovery.
When you're ready to have qualified and aggressive legal representation take on your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Springfield. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Springfield - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents in Springfield are typically caused by negligence, which can almost always be proven. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Springfield use their knowledge of state laws and scientific facts to take on each car accident claim, and use different methods to gather evidence depending upon the type of claim. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - This may seem obvious, but more drivers on the road increase the possibility of an accident happening. When the recession hit, people were out of jobs and had less reason to be on the road, leading to fewer accidents. Now that the economy is stronger, the job market has improved leading to more cars on the road and an increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you've been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Your life is more important than returning any message regardless of how important it may be. If you've been injured in a car accident in Springfield, and the person who crashed into you was drinking and driving, texting, or any other reason, call our car crash lawyers in Springfield immediately. We will fight to make sure you get the medical care and financial recovery you deserve.
If your claim doesn't require the attention of a car accident lawyer, you should still record everything that happens and get statements from the responsible party. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed. If your case isn't progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Springfield immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Accident injuries can range in severity from minor bumps and bruises to major injuries that can include broken bones, serious concussions, and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn't immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that isn't visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord is integral to the motor functions of your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you've been involved in a car accident in Springfield, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Springfield to best protect your health and your recovery.
Any injury sustained during a car accident should always be looked at by a trained physician. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you've been putting off. After you've seen to your medical care, speak with our car accident firm in Springfield to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Springfield
Springfield drunk driving claims are never victimless. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. Drunk driving is always negligent and always reckless, don't do it and don't allow others to do it. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Springfield immediately. To ensure that the driver who caused your injuries is held fully responsible, you need to speak with our attorneys in Springfield as soon as possible.
Car Accident Lawyer in Springfield, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
Immediately contact either 911 for emergency assistance, or the local authorities if your injuries aren't severe. The proper authorities have to record the evidence in the event that charges are needed, or if the accident claim goes to court. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Springfield car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Springfield - Car Accident Types