Car Accident Lawyer St. James, MO
When you've been injured in a car accident, you should be focused on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. Your financial recovery and your health should always be covered by either your insurance, or the responsible parties insurance that caused the car accident. You should always receive the care you need and deserve, but insurance companies are going to try to reduce their responsibility as much as they possibly can. When insurance companies are fighting against your health and recovery, and when the individual responsible for your accident refuses to take responsibility for the accident, you need help. Gary Burger and the St. James Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law take car accident claims extremely seriously and are dedicated to getting you the care you are owed.
The last thing on your mind should be worrying about court dates or legal jargon. Your health and your recovery should be the only thing on your mind. Our Car Accident Lawyers in St. James have a exceptional history of success in fighting for the rights and recoveries of our car accident clients. When you've decided to seek our qualified and experienced car accident lawyers in St. James to make sure your case is seriously taken care of, you are trusting in a proven and dedicated team of accident lawyers who aggressively fight for 100% of your owed recovery.
When you're prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in St. James. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer St. James - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents are typically caused by negligent actions. Our Car Accident Lawyers in St. James use their knowledge of state laws and scientific facts to take on each car accident claim, and use different methods to gather evidence depending upon the type of claim. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, there are several differing types of car crashes, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - When there are a lot of drivers on the road, the chances of an accident happening increase. When the recession hit, people were out of jobs and had less reason to be on the road, leading to fewer accidents. As the market has recovered, more jobs have become available and more people are driving than before, which has increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you've been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Nothing is more important than driving safely and arriving where you need to go, alive. If you've been injured in a car accident in St. James, and the person who caused your accident was doing any of the above actions, call our car crash lawyers in St. James immediately. Our Lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Even if your claim can be settled without the help of a lawyer, you still need to be careful and record of all the conversations you have with the responsible party and the insurer who covers your vehicle or the other vehicle. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed. If your case isn't progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in St. James immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force can be caused by a vehicle abruptly stopping or being struck in the side and throwing the driver off their course. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is never immediately apparent, but can quickly cause death if not seen to immediately. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it's damaged, you can lose the function of y our limbs. The spinal cord is the nervous system highway in your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
While these are the most common injuries that we see, if you have any other medical ailments that arose from a car accident in St. James, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in St. James at once.
When your injured in a car accident, the first step you should always take is going to a doctor to make sure you are ok. The injury won't just go away, often, any serious injury will require medical attention. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our car accident firm in St. James to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer St. James
St. James drunk driving claims are never victimless. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. There is never a good reason to drive drunk and with the multiple different ride-sharing apps that are available now, it is also extremely easy to get a ride home without having to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in St. James immediately. Drunk Driving Accidents in St. James can be complex, and without legal assistance you may not get the full recovery you are owed.
Car Accident Lawyer in St. James, MO - What do I do after a car accident?
Always report an accident, no matter how minor it may seem. An official record of the accident has to be taken so that the facts and reasons for the accident can be made clear. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our St. James car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer St. James - Car Accident Types