Car Accident Lawyer Town & Country, MO
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, your main focus should be on healing and getting your life back to the way it was before the accident. Your insurance company, or the insurance company of the responsible party should fully take care of all your needs because of the car accident. You should always receive the care you need and deserve, but insurance companies are going to try to reduce their responsibility as much as they possibly can. If your insurance company won’t help, and the person who caused the accident refuses to cooperate, you need experienced and aggressive help. Gary Burger and the Town & Country Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law are prepared to fight for your car accident claim to ensure that you get the care and recovery you are owed.
You should be focused on your health, not the difficulties of your claim. You need to focus on healing from your injuries, and getting back to the way your life was before the accident. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Town & Country are aggressive and dedicated to fighting for your rights and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions. When you’ve picked our exceptional car accident lawyers in Town & Country to pursue your claim, you are siding with a team that will fight for 100% of your rights and recoveries, not just for a quick settlement.
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Town & Country. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren’t charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don’t settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Town & Country – Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents are typically caused by negligent actions. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Town & Country take on a variety of car accident claims, all of which require knowledge of different types of traffic laws and experience in the best methods to recover evidence from the scene of a traffic accident. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents – According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents – When there are a lot of drivers on the road, the chances of an accident happening increase. When the recession hit in 2008-2009, millions of Americans were out of work and were subsequently not driving nearly as much. As the market has recovered, more jobs have become available and more people are driving than before, which has increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting – Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles – Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types – Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Your life and your family are more important than drinking and driving or responding to any text. Arriving alive is more important than either of the above. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Town & Country, and your accident was caused due to negligent actions, call our car crash lawyers in Town & Country immediately. Our team is dedicated to fighting for your rights and your recovery.
Car accident claims don’t always require the assistance of a lawyer, but be diligent, you should still be diligent and take pictures of both vehicles, obtain police reports, and written statements by doctor detailing your injuries. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed. If proving your case is more difficult than you initially thought, call our car wreck attorneys in Town & Country immediately. We don’t charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries – Types and Severity
Car Accident Injuries can be severe. They can range from minor bruises, to full body paralysis and even death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. This force happens when a car strikes another car or an obstacle on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions, much like whiplash injuries, are caused by force and result from the brain bouncing back and forth inside the cranium. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – In Car Accidents, broken bones occur when a limb is either forced in an unnatural direction, or when it collides with a surface and breaks under the pressure. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding, while not immediately apparent after an injury, can quickly lead to more serious medical issues and even death. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you’ve been involved in a car accident in Town & Country, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Town & Country at once.
The responsible action to take after an accident is to see a doctor and allow them to make medically trained decisions regarding your injuries. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our car accident firm in Town & Country to see how we can help you with your car accident claim, hold the other party liable for the accidents, and ensure that you get the recovery you deserve for your injuries
Drunk Driving Accidents – Car Accident Lawyer Town & Country
Town & Country drunk driving claims are never victimless. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. With the advent of ridesharing apps, and the improvement of public transportation, there is absolutely no reason to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Town & Country immediately. DWI Cases can be difficult if you don’t consult with a lawyer regarding the evidence of the case, what you are owed, and how you can recover for your injuries.
Car Accident Lawyer in Town & Country, MO – What do I do after a car accident?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you should always call an ambulance if you’re injured or the police if you aren’t. The proper authorities have to record the evidence in the event that charges are needed, or if the accident claim goes to court. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you’ve collected as much evidence as you can, call our Town & Country car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Town & Country – Car Accident Types
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- $250,000 Settlement On September 1, 2019, Daniel Dotson was driving south on Baxter Road at its intersection with Manchester Road in St. Louis County when Mr. Shanmugam ran a red light, crashing into Daniel’s vehicle. Daniel suffered serious injuries...Continue Reading
- $50,000 Car Accident Settlement – Adding Good Faith Value to Claims Involving Concussions Injury claims involving concussions can be real wildcards, because oftentimes there is no objective evidence of injury, the treatment is sparse, the bills are low, and...Continue Reading
- In this video, Genevieve talks with Kazia, one of our clients. Kazia was involved in a car accident where she was rear-ended. She called Burger Law to help with her case, and we were able to help Kazia and...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Tiffany was involved in a car accident where she suffered spinal disc damage and knee damage. We fought hard for her and insisted that she receive the policy limits for the accident. We were actually able to get her...Continue Reading
- On Saturday, I settled Mary’s car crash case against Allstate. We were scheduled to go to trial yesterday. Mary was injured in a 2017 car crash. The offer was $21,000 until about 4:30 on Friday afternoon when Allstate capitulated...Continue Reading
- We represent Paul’s family. He tragically died last year. He was traveling with his wife near Potosi Missouri on highway 185 when they encountered a car crash. Being the kind of guy Paul was, he stopped his car and...Continue Reading
- The Missouri Legislature issued new rules last year with more requirements for a written demand to be put into evidence in a bad faith case. A bad faith case is when an insurance company should settle a case, but...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- Our client, Jason, was a front seat passenger in his friend’s vehicle while traveling eastbound on Highway 70 in Lafayette County, Missouri. They were towing a vehicle behind them when another vehicle, also traveling eastbound on Highway 70, struck...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts Client testimonial of Daniel Scudder who discusses his work comp and civil claims and settlements. Daniel had prior injuries to...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- We settled a workers compensation case and an automobile accident for our client Daniel. Daniel was rear-ended on the highway at a high rate of speed when the other driver wasn’t paying attention to traffic ahead of her. Like...Continue Reading
- I represented Brad in his car accident claim. Brad was hit by a truck that swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and hit Brad head on. Brad had a passenger in his car and both were...Continue Reading
- I take great pride in helping people in car wreck cases where the defendant is intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. It seems like defendants hire lawyers who get them out of the criminal case. Sometimes people get multiple drunk...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- Our client Brad was injured in a crash on September 5, 2017. Everybody’s nightmare – the defendant swerved and crossed over the center-line into oncoming traffic and crashed into our client head on. Brad was taken via ambulance from...Continue Reading
- We recently settled a case for a client who was rear ended on the highway while caught in traffic by a driver who was not paying attention and driving at an excessive speed. The force of the crash then...Continue Reading
- Picture this: it’s a hot and sticky sunny day in June, you’re walking down the street with your favorite soda in hand on your way back to your house. All of a sudden a car slams into another car...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- Our client was injured the beginning of February 2016 while traveling on Graham Rd. She was traveling in the far-right lane when she slowed and stopped her vehicle for traffic ahead. The Defendant was traveling behind her and at...Continue Reading
- On August 27, 2015, Gary Burger tried an uninsured motorist claim for Christopher Smith and his daughter. We won the case, received the decision last week, and Unique Insurance was ordered to pay a total of $49,930.40 plus costs. There has been...Continue Reading
- I settled a case on Thursday November 17, 2016 at mediation. We had $5,000 in paid medical and settled the case for $26,000. We also had a significant settlement in medical payment benefits and were able to get our...Continue Reading