Personal Injury Attorney Rolla, MO
Personal injury attorney Rolla, MO. Were you seriously injured in an accident caused by another person’s reckless or negligent actions in Rolla, MO? If so, you should speak with a Rolla, MO personal injury attorney immediately. Call the St. Louis-based law firm of Burger Law right now at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free, confidential, no-obligation case review.
The Burger Law legal team fights for your rights and demands a full recovery in your Rolla, MO personal injury case. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered more than $200 million in settlement and trial results for our clients, including a multi-year legal battle ending in a trial verdict of $113 million. While your personal injury case cannot undo the injuries and pain you have sustained, compensation can help you and your family’s future during this difficult time. Our personal injury attorneys will not stop until we obtain complete compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident due to someone else’s carelessness in Rolla, MO, see how much your claim might be worth with our free personal injury calculator.
When Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Rolla, state]?
Injuries occur, and they unfortunately occur in a variety of situations in Rolla, MO. There are many reasons that someone else's negligence and recklessness can cause damages, and when that takes place a trustworthy and accomplished Burger Law personal injury attorney in Rolla, MO is here to stand up and fight for you. We have seen every type of personal injury case in Rolla, MO, and know exactly what to do to get you the full compensation you are owed and to protect your future. Never settle before speaking to a Rolla, MO personal injury lawyer first.
For the most part, there are four reasons you should hire a personal injury attorney after you sustain an injury:
You Sustained Significant Injuries or Injuries That Require Long-Term Care in Rolla, MO
If your injuries require assistive devices like crutches or a wheelchair, will involve ongoing physical treatments and therapy or have an effect on your ability to work and make a living in the future, you need to hire a Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Rolla, MO so the full extent of your damages is paid for.
The Rolla, MO personal injury lawyers at Burger Law also have substantial medical knowledge and connections with a network of doctors and other medical experts. An Insurance Research Institute study found that people who are represented by personal injury attorneys are more likely to get the full medical care they need. Receiving the right medical treatment also enhances the value of your case.
The Insurance Company Is Not Being Fair
While insurance companies are obligated to pay you for their client's negligence, their real interest is in paying you as little money as possible. Insurance companies are large, for-profit businesses, and often have shareholders who will not be happy if they pay out numerous claims. Insurance adjusters are experienced when it comes to denying or minimizing claims.
Some of the tricks and tactics insurance companies use to devalue claims are:
- Trying to get you to settle quickly, before you realize the full extent of your injuries
- Offering fake sympathy
- Trying to shift blame for the accident on you
- Lying to you, such as:
- Saying that your medical care was unnecessary
- Saying they do not have to pay for medical care because you have insurance
- Saying they do not have to pay for lost wages because you had unused vacation time
- Telling you an attorney will cost more money than they are worth
According to a study by Forbes, insurance companies are less likely to deny claims when individuals procure an attorney. They realize they can take advantage of a lot of people, but a knowledgeable Rolla, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will make them realize you are intent on getting a full financial recovery.
There is Disagreement Regarding Who Is At Fault in the Rolla, MO Accident
Many individuals who act negligently do not want to take responsibility for their behavior. After all, if they own up to fault in a Rolla, MO accident, their insurance premium will rise. Burger Law knows how to hold negligent parties accountable. If the other party is disputing fault, our personal injury lawyer in Rolla, MO will take official depositions and investigate all the facts to prove negligence.
There Are Other Complications to the Case
On occasion, multiple people can be liable, as not every Rolla, MO personal injury case is cut and dry. As an example, if a bar knowingly overserves a drunk driver you may be able to It may be tempting to accept a settlement after an accident from a big insurance company or the negligent parties involved. However, it is crucial for a personal injury attorney to make sure your compensation is fair. Here are a few ways we prove a claim of negligence in Rolla, MO:
- Duty of Care: Throughout our everyday life, we have a moral duty of care to society as a whole. Proving that there is a duty of care – essentially that the other party has an obligation to value your safety – is the initial step in proving negligence. This can be another driver in a car, a doctor who agreed to treat you or a proprietor who has an obligation to warn visitors of any hazards on the premises.
- Breach of Duty: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity breached their duty of care. That they neglected their obligation to keep you safe. Was the Rolla, MO other motorist not looking before going through an intersection? The driver knew they were supposed to stop, yet breached their duty of care by not doing so. Did a Rolla, MO doctor not take your concerns seriously? Was the Rolla, MO landlord aware of dangerous black ice but decline to fix it?.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, much like that driver in Rolla, MO knowing they are going too fast. This is the reckless and negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Demonstrating harm is essential in a personal injury case. This can be financial loss like lost wages or medical expenses, or the physical and mental repercussions you have faced as a result of the other party's negligence. Burger Law's Rolla, MO personal injury attorneys will calculate short and long-term damages for our clients.
What Should I Expect From a Rolla, MO Personal Injury Attorney?
The Burger Law personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, experience, skill and dedication to make sure you get the result you deserve. Often, dishonest insurance companies will try to take advantage of your anxiety as medical bills start piling up and you miss consistent time off work. They behave nicely because they want you to settle quickly. That is the reason you should always speak to a Rolla, MO personal injury lawyer first before settling a case. We have seen every trick and tactic in the book that insurance companies will throw at you to diminish your compensation. Insurance adjusters are experienced negotiators and realize that this is likely the first time you have to settle an injury claim. The Rolla, MO personal injury attorneys at Burger Law fight back against resistant insurance companies. The insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we take on and win the tough cases.
Beyond standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies, you can expect your determined and dedicated Burger Law Rolla, MO personal injury lawyer to stand by your side every step of the way. We start working on your case from the moment you hire us. We handle all communication, documentation and litigation and keep you informed throughout the whole legal process. When you hire our Rolla, MO personal injury attorneys, we immediately work to diligently collect evidence and record official statements from witnesses and Rolla, MO experts. We comb through every aspect of your case to establish negligence and calculate the precise dollar amount of your damages. If you have been injured due to someone else's negligence or reckless actions in Rolla, MO, there is no time to delay. Missouri Revised Statute § 516.120 sets a five-year deadline for the filing of all lawsuits seeking a legal remedy for an “injury to a person.”
How Much Compensation Can I Receive for My Injuries in in Rolla, MO?
Your Rolla, MO personal injury lawyer will aggressively pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your damages – emotional and financial. At Burger Law, we are not content to just have you reimbursed for your property damage and current medical bills. Devastating injuries do not just affect your finances, they have an impact on your loved ones, your ability to enjoy life and your ability to carry out standard daily tasks in Rolla, MO. You deserve to be compensated for every way that your injury has affected your life.
Generally speaking, in Missouri there are two types of damages your Rolla, MO personal injury lawyer can claim:
These damages are the money you have spent or missed out on due to your injuries. They include:
- All of your medical expenses related to the accident, such as urgent care, any surgeries, physical therapy and assistive devices such as home or vehicle modification. They also include future medical expenses, such as if you had a knee replacement after your accident and will need another one in the future.
- Lost wages from not being able to work, or your loss of earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from earning a living as you previously had.
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in an auto accident or if something on your person was broken in a slip and fall.
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the injury such as household services and the cost of transportation you spent going to and from medical treatments.
. If you have future medical expenses or lost earning capacity, your Rolla, MO injury lawyer at Burger Law will utilize their network of medical professionals and economic experts to accurately value how much you are owed.
These damages are not as easy to quantify, and refer to intangible damages that impact your emotional well-being and ability to enjoy life in Rolla, MO. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Your Burger Law personal injury lawyer in Rolla, MO has seen firsthand the profound impact these injuries can have on your life, despite the fact that a resistant insurance company might try to downplay your noneconomic damages to minimize your payout. We will insist that you get the complete financial recovery you deserve.
In cases of especially egregious negligence or misconduct, you may be able to recover punitive damages as well. For example, when we sue drunk drivers near Rolla, MO, we do it so they know exactly how dangerous their actions were.
How To Choose The Right Personal Injury Lawyer For Me
How do you determine which personal injury lawyer is right for you? As yo …
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury claim? Or when th …
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Accidents and injuries are always …
What Are the Common Types of Rolla, MO Personal Injury Cases?
Give us a call today at (314) 500-HURT or fill out our online contact form to discuss the specifics of your case in Rolla, MO. Some of the common personal injury cases our Rolla, MO lawyers see include:
- Car, Truck, Bus and Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Auto crashes are the most typical kind of claims that Rolla, MO personal injury attorneyswitness. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's motor vehicle accident statistics, in 2019 more than 36,000 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the United States, and another 2.5 million were had to go to the emergency room, resulting in $56 billion in medical expenses and lost wages nationwide.
Falling is the leading cause of emergency room visits in the US, about 8 millions trips a year. Slip and falls make up 1 million, or 12 percent of those visits. They are also the leading cause of workers' compensation cases and constitute the most days missed from work.
While errors can occur in the medical field, Rolla, MO doctors and other medical professionals are still held to a standard of care. When that standard is neglected, you may have a medical malpractice claim.
Your Rolla, MO personal injury lawyer at Burger Law knows that nothing is more painful than when a loved one is taken from us too soon. There are a lot of causes of wrongful death, but your Rolla, MO personal injury attorney at Burger Law will help make sure that your financial future is safeguarded and secure and that you receive the help you require.
Reach Out to a Burger Law Personal Injury Attorney in Rolla, MO
Never settle for less than you deserve. No matter if it is some other personal injury attorney trying to plot and scheme you into hiring them or a meager offer from an insurance company, do not settle. Burger Law has knowledgeable, tenacious and resolute Rolla, MO personal injury lawyers ready and willing to stand in your corner and fight for your rights throughout your case.