Car Accident Lawyer Hartford, IL
When you've been injured in a car accident, you shouldn't have to worry about whether or not you can afford the care you need for your injuries. Your health and financial recovery shouldn't include a lengthy and aggravating fight with the insurance company over the car accident. When you're hurt, you care and recovery should be taken care of, but the greed of the insurance company will often stand in the way. If your insurance company won't help, and the person who caused the accident refuses to cooperate, you need experienced and aggressive help. Gary Burger and the Hartford Car Accident Lawyers of Burger Law have a proven track record of holding insurance companies accountable and can guide you through your claim every step of the way.
You shouldn't have to focus on the legalities of your case. You need to focus on healing from your injuries, and getting back to the way your life was before the accident. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Hartford are dedicated to pursuing and ensuring your rights and recoveries. When you trust in our skilled car accident lawyers in Hartford to fight for your rights, you a trusting in a team that fights for your full recovery.
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your car accident claim, call or contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Hartford. With our Car Accident Law Firm, you aren't charged any fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
Car Accident Lawyer Hartford - Car Accident Facts
Car Accidents never adhere to one set model, they usually involve several levels of negligence or reckless acts. Our Car Accident Lawyers in Hartford take on a variety of car accident claims, all of which require knowledge of different types of traffic laws and experience in the best methods to recover evidence from the scene of a traffic accident. Here are several facts regarding traffic accidents:
- Circumstances Involving Car Accidents - According to the Missouri Highway State Patrol, car accidents in the state were caused by many different variables, of which 22,474 involved speeding, 5,976 involved Alcohol, 32,763 involved younger drivers, 42,747 involved older drivers, 12,082 involved a commercial vehicle, and 2,253 involved motorcycles. For Illinois, there were a total of 324,473 accidents in 2016, with speeding accounting for 32% of crashes. 700 fatal accidents also occurred during this time period with 613 of the fatalities involving alcohol.
- More Drivers on the Road Increases % of Accidents - When there are a lot of drivers on the road, the chances of an accident happening increase. The rates of car accidents dropped during the recession because less people were driving on the roads. As the job market has improved, there are now more drivers on the road and this has, in turn increased the amount of accidents that Missouri and Illinois are now experiencing.
- 80% of Accidents involving teens also involved Texting - Texting and Driving is by many accounts worse than drunk driving. According to the Missouri Department of Insurance, 80% of accidents involving teen drivers were caused because of texting and driving.
- In 2014, there were 97 Fatal Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles - Of the 2,060 accidents involving commercial accidents in 2014, 97 ended in fatalities with 109 people dying due to the accidents, and 3185 individuals being seriously injured.
- Icy Roads Contribute to more Fatalities than Other Weather Types - Annually, there are nearly 2,000 deaths caused by icy roads. This fact beats out flood fatalities, heat fatalities, and cold fatalities.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Never drive if you've been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Be responsible on the road, your life and the life of others depends upon your actions. If you've been injured in a car accident in Hartford, and the person who crashed into you was drinking and driving, texting, or any other reason, call our car crash lawyers in Hartford immediately. Our Lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
If your claim doesn't require the attention of a car accident lawyer, you still need to exercise caution because your case could be lost if you don't record everything that happened in the accident. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed. If your case isn't progressing the way you thought it would, call our car wreck attorneys in Hartford immediately. We don't charge you anything unless we win your claim for you.
Car Accident Injuries - Types and Severity
Car Crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here are a list of the most common injuries that can result from a car accident:
- Whiplash - Whiplash Injuries typically happen when a vehicle is forced to abruptly stop and the head and neck are jerked to the side or back and forth. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn't suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions - During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which can cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones - When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding - Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn't immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is a dangerous injury where your blood leaks from the organs inside your body and causes blood loss that isn't visible from the outside.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
Your recovery and your financial health may be at stake if you've been involved in a car accident in Hartford, you need to speak with our Car Accident Attorneys in Hartford immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Don't try to walk the injury off, your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our car accident firm in Hartford so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way
Drunk Driving Accidents - Car Accident Lawyer Hartford
Drunk Driving Accidents in Hartford are never a victimless crime. Someone chose to get behind the wheel drunk, an action that they know is negligent and possibly dangerous. With the advent of ridesharing apps, and the improvement of public transportation, there is absolutely no reason to drive drunk. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver, you need to speak with our Car Accident Lawyers in Hartford immediately. Drunk Driving Accidents in Hartford can be complex, and without legal assistance you may not get the full recovery you are owed.
Car Accident Lawyer in Hartford, IL - What do I do after a car accident?
If you've been injured, call an ambulance first, and if you weren't seriously injured contact the local authorities to report the accident. An official record of the accident has to be taken so that the facts and reasons for the accident can be made clear. Protect your car accident claim. If you are able, take pictures of your vehicle, your injuries, the other vehicle, where they are at in the road, and anything else that can be used to substantiate your car accident claim. Once you've collected as much evidence as you can, call our Hartford car accident lawyers immediately. Speaking with our car accident firm can be the difference between winning and losing your claim.
Car Accident Lawyer Hartford - Car Accident Types