Thousands of people are injured in accidents every year. If you were the victim of a car accident, premises liability accident, or work-related accident, a personal injury claim could help you get the compensation for damages that you deserve from the negligent party. However, each type of personal injury claim has specific regulations and other processes that must be met, requiring the help of an experienced attorney.
Burger Law has fought (and won) compensation for many personal injury claims and can help recover compensation for your personal injury case. For a free case review, call Burger Law at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 today.
10 Common Personal Injury Claims
There are many types of personal injuries, and ways that an accident can occur, but some can cause severe, long-lasting damages to a person. The top ten most common personal injury claims include:
- Car crash – can occur due to many factors, but the most common are speeding, distracted driving, driving under the influence, and those involving bad weather
- Truck accident – truck drivers are required to look out for others on the road, but often, accidents are caused by truck drivers failing to follow the speed limit, follow truck safety regulations, and otherwise acting negligently
- Motorcycle crash –
- Premises liability – property owners are required to provide a hazard-free environment to all guests. If a guest is injured on another person’s property, in a slip and fall or chemical burn accident, or a fire, the property owner can be sued for damages
- Medical malpractice – if medical personnel deviates from the standard of care or doesn’t act like a doctor should, you could have a claim. Common types of medical malpractice include failure to diagnose, improper medication, and failure to consent
- Dangerous products – if a product is used in the way that it was intended, and causes injury, the manufacturer or distributor could be liable for the victim’s damages. Common product liability claims include defective drugs, dangerous vehicles, and faulty lawn mowers
- Defamation – damaging a person’s reputation – examples include discrimination, unfair treatment from an employer, and other types of claims
- Workers’ compensation – if an employee is injured on the job, while performing the duties of their position, and becomes injured, they can file a workers compensation claim against their employer. Common work-related injury claims include slip and falls, heavy machinery accidents, and occupational exposure
Contact Our St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer Today | Burger Law
If you were injured because of another person’s carelessness, and need help recovering compensation for wage losses, medical bills, and other damages related to the accident, you need to consult the experienced attorneys at Burger Law.
Our aggressive personal injury lawyers in St. Louis have experience fighting for many types of personal injury cases and know how to demand the maximum amount of compensation for your case. If you are interested in discussing your case with our attorneys, and finding out what type of compensation you could be entitled to from the person responsible for your damages, call Burger Law at 314-542-2222 or 618-272-2222 to schedule a free case review.