All Questions

October 22, 2019 | Gary Burger

Can I Sue for a Defective Car Part if it Caused My Accident?

Car and truck accidents typically happen due to the negligence of drivers, or because of bad road conditions. But what do you do when your accident was caused by a mechanical defect in one of its parts? What if your braking system failed because the company that manufactures the parts used poor materials that couldn't stand up to the needs of modern braking? What if your accelerator got stuck and your vehicle ran out of control? What if the tires you choose for your vehicle had issues that were known to the manufacturer, but they didn't correct the problems? What options do you have for recourse? Can you sue? In this article, we're going to go over what your options are when a defective product causes your accident. If your accident was caused by a defective product, and you need immediate assistance, call our personal injury lawyers in St. Louis immediately. Our firm doesn't charge any fees for our consultations, and we never charge any attorneys fees unless we win your claim.

Can I sue for a Defective Car Part if it caused my Accident?

Personal Injury Lawyer St. Louis

Most of us are not mechanics, nor are we car savvy, we just hope that when we put the key in the ignition that the car will start and get us to where we need to go. We won't know if a car or truck part is defective until we need to rely on it. Defective car or trucks parts are almost always caused by negligence or carelessness on account of the manufacturer. You may have heard of the accelerators that become stuck when pressed to the maximum, or the car tires that fall apart at high speeds. These defects are almost always known about beforehand, but yet the companies still sell and market the defective products. This is negligent, dangerous, and has caused unfortunate deaths in many cases.

So if your accident is caused by a defective car part, or a recalled part, what can you do? Can you sue the parts manufacturer? Should you sue the company that built the car? Where do you start? These cases can seem complex because you may think that you don't have the money to take on a major corporation that is going to have teams of lawyers, but you can. In these situations, the parts manufacturer or auto manufacturer will be required by law to set aside a certain amount of funds to settle claims that arise from the defective part. This is known as a class action, and if you've been injured in a car accident caused by a defective part you can recover directly from this class action fund.

If you have questions about whether or not your case applies, what you can win, or if you want a personal injury lawyer to help you with your claim, contact our firm. Our Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Louis have pursued these types of claims before and we always get our clients what they need to fully recover from any accident. If you have any questions about our methods, or how long a defective parts claim can take, please don't hesitate to contact our personal injury law firm today.