In order to prove the requirements of a motorcycle accident injury case, you must have evidence. To be successful in your claim and collect the full compensation you deserve, you may need the help of an experienced accident lawyer in Missouri and Illinois who knows what evidence to look for, how to obtain it, how to present it and how to demand full compensation. Burger Law’s motorcycle accident lawyers have helped hundreds of injured individuals and families prove their claims and recover the compensation they were owed. Take the first step toward a full recovery in your motorcycle wreck case today by calling Burger Law now at (314) 500-HURT or sending us a message online.
Steps of the Motorcycle Accident Claim Process
Your Burger Law motorcycle wreck attorney will help you through each step of your Missouri or Illinois motorcycle accident injury claim, whether it settles quickly, takes rounds of negotiations or requires a jury trial. In addition to communication back and forth between the defendant’s insurance company, making sure all legal requirements are met, collecting evidence and other tasks that help make the process easier on you, we will provide fierce and experienced litigation skills during the motorcycle lawsuit steps outlined below.
- File a complaint. First, we must file a complaint with the court. As your motorcycle accident lawyer, we will draft the documents required to file your complaint with the court. In the complaint, we must compile and present all the facts surrounding the accident and what we allege the defendant did to harm you.
- Serve the papers. Next, papers must be served to the defendant to notify them that there is a lawsuit against them. You do not have to worry about any of this. We will ensure that the papers are served, hiring a process server or another party to handle this.
- Conduct a discovery. After being served, the defendant must respond to the complaint. At that point, we enter the discovery phase. Both parties file requests to obtain all available documentation and paperwork related to the case
- Mediation.Your motorcycle accident suit may or may not require mediation. Both parties may mutually and agree to a voluntary mediation or a judge may require mediation. If your case enters mediation, we will brief you on exactly what to expect. You, your lawyer, and the defense party will all meet together with a professional mediator who will attempt to facilitate an agreement that is acceptable to both pirates.
- Deposition. Depositions are a pre-trial process in which witnesses make recorded, sworn testimony. Your skilled trial injury lawyer from Burger Law has extensive experience in deposing witnesses and will strategically use the deposition process to state your case and show the defendant’s negligence.
- Trial. If your case cannot be settled outside of court, we will take your fight to trial. Our seasoned attorneys are prepared to take any case to trial if it becomes necessary. We have the skills and experience to present your case and appeal to the jury. If your suit is set for trial, we will prepare extensively and fight in court to get you the settlement you deserve.
Begin Your Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Today
The key to finding a good lawyer for your motorcycle accident claim is hiring one with extensive experience who is ready and willing to provide you with aggressive representation every step of the way, whether that means a quick and successful settlement outside of court or a lengthy trial process. Whatever your suit brings, Burger Law’s injury attorneys in Missouri and Illinois will fight for and serve you. Speak to an attorney about your case for free at (314) 500-HURT or online.