Semi-Truck Accidents DuPage County, IL
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers DuPage County, IL. The last thing you should worry about are depositions, legal contracts, or other legal matters involving your case or claim. Burger Law’s DuPage County, IL, truck crash lawyers help victims and their families get back on their feet. This includes full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to contact one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in DuPage County, IL, today to learn more about our firm. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in DuPage County?
When you are prepared to have an exceptional team fight for your rights during your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in DuPage County. You will not be charged with any legal fees unless we successfully win your claim, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and additional evidence is paramount for settling an injury claim. You can read more about that in our FAQ about information you need to collect after an auto accident in DuPage County, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in DuPage County, IL, the most important things you can do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
- Rain or Bad Weather
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local DuPage County, IL, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Basically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Fortunately, our team is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work due to an injury, you may be able to collect lost wages up to a certain point.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it’s so important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. Under no circumstances should you get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking, and you should absolutely never text and drive. Burger Law’s DuPage County, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being safe. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in DuPage County, IL, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries happen when the neck or head is thrown around in a forceful jerking motion. Typically, these types of injuries are caused when a vehicle is struck from a location the driver isn’t suspecting. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal bleeding is a serious medical condition that often results in death. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Much like whiplash injuries or concussions, spinal injuries are caused by an extreme amount of force that causes the spine to either move in an unnatural direction, or bends due to an incredible amount of force. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. Often, any injuries to your spine can result in serious loss of motor function in your limbs.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in DuPage County, you need to speak with our attorneys immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Crash Victories
Results matter with any type of legal claim. Our clients want to know that we are giving 100% to a case and win a reasonable settlement on their behalf. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to gather evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
Our firm understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for more information. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in DuPage County, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with Burger Law’s DuPage County, IL, semi-truck accident attorneys now for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a handful of resources created by our DuPage County, IL, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Always go to a doctor after any serious injury. Before you try to shrug the injury off, let a doctor look at it first. Once a medical professional has seen to your injuries you should immediately talk to our truck crash lawyers in DuPage County, IL, so that we can take on your claim and fight for your right every step of the way.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?