Semi-Truck Accidents Highland Heights, KY
You’ve been hurt in a truck crash, and now you need someone to fight for your rights.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Highland Heights, KY. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Our Highland Heights, KY, semi-truck crash lawyers help victims get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after an accident. Do not hesitate to reach out to one of our semi-truck accident attorneys in Highland Heights, KY, now to see how we can help. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Highland Heights, KY
If your case needs the dedication and knowledge of an experienced accident attorney, call or contact our Truck Crash Attorneys in Highland Heights. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
One of your priorities should be to get medical treatment. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling an injury case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Highland Heights, KY.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you have been in a truck accident in Highland Heights, KY, the most important things you should do is get legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are unfortunate to fall victim to a truck accident, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Highland Heights, KY, truck crash lawyer as soon as possible. Typically, a lawyer will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Information including medical reports and injury records, testimonies, police reports, and other documentation is important for getting a settlement. Fortunately, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are a few:
- Lost Wages: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Expenses: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it’s important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Other Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include transportation, childcare, and other unexpected expenses due to an injury.
There are a wide range of damages that may be recovered. Our legal team will investigate every opportunity for compensation.
Staying safe and alert while driving can always help reduce the risk of an accident. There is no excuse for texting and driving or drinking and driving. Our Highland Heights, KY, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Getting into a semi truck or car crash accident in Highland Heights, KY, can be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Truck crashes are violent events, even at low speeds. When these accidents happen, they can leave broken bones, internal injuries, and even cause death. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck-related accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force happens when a vehicle strikes an object on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – During an accident, if enough force is applied to the head or the neck, the brain can bounce back and forth inside the skull which may cause bleeding, swelling, bruising, or other serious injuries to the brain. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can take some time to heal, and often require lengthy amounts of rehabilitation before they are back to 100%.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal injuries are serious injuries that can affect your mobility and the motor function of your limbs. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
You do not have to suffer in silence, nor live with your injuries if you’ve been in a semi-truck accident in Highland Heights, you need to speak with our lawyers as soon as possible.
You need to take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Results
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas we specialize in:
No matter the injury, it is very important to collect evidence. This includes:
- Medical records that show any injuries, broken bones, scarring, etc.
- Witness testimonies, photos of the accident, and police reports.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. You should track any pain and suffering, lost earning opportunities, and other negative effects after an accident.
Our firm understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to contact one of our attorneys today for more information. Preserving this information now will help solidify your claim later when you are using evidence to get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Highland Heights, KY. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault for semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Contact our Highland Heights, KY, semi-truck accident lawyers today for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by our Highland Heights, KY, auto accident lawyers. View a web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Your health is more important than pride, and your recovery may depend on medical care that you’ve been putting off. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Highland Heights, KY, to make sure that the other party is held fully liable, and that all of your bills and needs are taken care of.
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?
- Do I have a case if my accident happened during bad weather?