Semi-Truck Accidents Vernon Hills, IL
Are you looking for someone to fight for you? Burger Law provides experienced legal representation.
Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Vernon Hills, IL. You should not spend any time worrying about the complexities of truck accident law or liability. Our Vernon Hills, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys help clients get back on their feet. This may include full-service legal representation, guidance, and managing financial difficulties after a crash. Do not hesitate to call one of Burger Law’s semi-truck accident lawyers in Vernon Hills, IL, now to get more information about our services. Our firm is dedicated to helping victims get the reward that they deserve. Burger Law’s Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers are ready to help, no matter where you are.
What should you do after a semi-truck accident in Vernon Hills?
If you need an experienced and dedicated legal team to fight for your truck accident claim, call or contact our Truck Crash Lawyers in Vernon Hills. You will not be charged with any fees unless we successfully win your case, and we always fight to ensure our clients get 100% of the recovery they need.
You should prioritize wellness above all else. A police report, the negligent party’s information, proof of injury, and other evidence is paramount for settling a truck accident case. You can read more about that in our FAQ about what to do after an injury in Vernon Hills, IL.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
If you were a victim in a Vernon Hills, IL, truck accident, the most important things you can do is find legal representation. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted Driving and Texting
- DUI / DWI
- Failing to Yield
- Hit and Runs
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zones
If you are ever in one of these types of accidents, the most important thing you can do is to contact a local Vernon Hills, IL, truck crash attorney as soon as possible. Typically, an attorney will be assigned to your case and investigation will begin. Medical records, crash reports, eye-witness testimonies, and other information is incredibly important. Luckily, our staff is available to help you from the beginning.
Semi-Truck Accident Damages and Compensation
Special and general damages may be available if you have been in a truck-related accident. Here are the most common:
- Lost Wages: You are able to collect lost wages if you are injured in an accident.
- Medical Bills: Any rehab, prescription drugs, surgeries, etc., you can have those expenses reimbursed. This is why it is important to keep medical records.
- Pain and Suffering: Any ongoing pain or suffering such as anxiety, fear, PTSD, or depression is also considered.
- Additional Out-of-Pocket Expenses: This can include childcare, transportation to and from a hospital, a rental car, and other expenses that are a result of your injury.
There are a wide range of damages that can be recovered. At Burger Law, we will look into every option to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation.
Following the driving laws of your state can better protect you against an accident. Never drive if you have been drinking, and always wait to read a text until you get home. Our Vernon Hills, IL, semi-truck crash attorneys will help you recover damages if we can, but it starts with you being a responsible driver. You do not have to deal with an auto accident on your own. Being part of a semi truck or car crash accident in Vernon Hills, IL, may be traumatizing.
Common Truck Crash Injuries
Auto accidents are traumatic, violent events that can cause serious life-changing injuries. Here is a list of the most common injuries that can result from a truck accident:
- Whiplash – Whiplash Injuries are one of the most common types of car accident injuries, and involve the head and neck. This force happens when a vehicle strikes an object on the road and causes the momentum of the vehicle to rapidly change. These types of injuries can lead to neck pain, back issues, spinal issues, tenderness in the shoulders, and many other medical issues.
- Concussions – Concussions are caused when the head is either pulled or knocked in a direction so forcefully that the brain is bruised from its forceful contact with the skull. Concussions can lead to loss of motor functions, loss of memory, and can even be paralyzing.
- Broken Bones – When enough force is applied against a bone, it can snap or break, causing extreme pain. Auto accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones often require surgery and months of rehabilitation before they are fully healed.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from an auto accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries occur when your spine attempts to control the motion of your body against an extreme amount of force. The spinal cord allows you to control your limbs, and also allows you to walk upright without any issues. If your spine is damaged in an accident, you could suffer from serious injuries permanently.
Whether your injury was listed above, or you have another issue that was caused by a semi-truck accident in Vernon Hills, you need to speak with our attorneys immediately to ensure that you get the medical care and attention that you deserve.
You should even take any injury seriously. See the video below that explains internal damages:
Semi-Truck Accident Victories
At Burger Law, we believe that results matter. Clients expect our legal team to give 100% to every case we take on in order to reach a reasonable settlement. Below are a few recent examples of auto accident settlements we have won for clients:
- $200,000 Accident Settlement
- Tonya’s Truck Accident Mediation
- $90,000 Settlement after Car Accident
- Head on Collision
- Rear End Accident Leads to $35,000 recovery
Below are a few other areas our firm specialize in:
No matter what the injury is, it is very important to collect evidence. Typically, this would include:
- Medical bills and records, x-rays, and a doctor’s report.
- Physical evidence, police reports, photos of the scene, and witness testimonies.
- Evidence of a loss of quality of life. Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and lost wages also come into play.
The Burger Law team understands how difficult it is to be a victim. Do not hesitate to call one of our attorneys now for more information. Recording everything exactly as it happened will help ensure that you get what you are owed.
Semi-Truck Accident Liability
Liable parties may include other motorists, the semi-truck company, the driver, the owner of the truck, or even the truck’s manufacturer.
Establishing the degree of liability for all involved parties is often critical after a truck accident in Vernon Hills, IL. Most courts apply a philosophy of pure comparative fault to semi truck accidents, which means that anyone considered liable for any percentage of an accident must compensate the other drivers. Trucking and insurance companies use liability laws to their advantage and attempt to shift liability from their drivers onto other drivers. Get in touch with Burger Law’s Vernon Hills, IL, semi-truck accident lawyers now for more information about compensation and what to do after an accident.
An auto accident can change you and your family’s life in a heartbeat. Below are a few resources created by Burger Law’s Vernon Hills, IL, auto accident lawyers. Check out our web version of What to Do After a Car Accident book here.
Regardless of whether you think the injury is serious or not, you should still see a doctor. Do not try to walk the injury off — your life may depend on you receiving qualified medical care. Once you have spoken with a doctor, contact our truck crash lawyers in Vernon Hills, IL, to get the recovery and financial assistance your claim deserves.
- Leading Causes of Car Accidents
- What Do I Need to Collect from the Scene of My Personal Injury for my Lawyer?
- What Are My Rights If My Family Member is Killed in a Truck Accident?
- Who is Liable in a Truck Accident?
- How Do Policy Limits Affect My Case?
- How is liability determined in a weather-related accident?